Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Play Day :)



Welcome to my home page! My name is Crystal Kang. I will be a sophomore at the University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign). As a freshman I wrote for the Daily Illini. I plan to pursue a career in law & journalism.

As part of my INFORMATICS 303 class exercise, I’m honing my contemporary media skills by putting up links on my Web site. There's not much to it. You just copy & paste a URL, change it to a more reader-friendly word or phrase & BAM. You've hyperlinked a Web site!

I’m pleased to introduce to you some of my most frequently visited Web sites. For those of you who are a fan of The Office, I highly recommend you go here. You’ll find full-length episodes from season 5. Interested in music? Mellow music with a bit of punk rock is my style. Have you heard of a band called Yellowcard? A lot of their music resembles mellow bands like Postal Service, Dashboard Confessional & Secondhand Serenade. Like I said, I’m a journalist, so I frequently read up news articles on the Society of Professional Journalists. A big topic on the news that concerns me is the detainment of two U.S. reporters in North Korea. Click here for more detail. During my free time I am usually on this Web site: omgpop

1 comment:

  1. The hard labor sentence seemed... well, pretty hard. I read today that the reporters admitted to entering the country illegally. I'm curious as to why they admitted this now.

    Oh, have you seen the UK office?

    ReplyDelete